A Socially and Environmentally Responsible Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria
BRABO is dedicated to environmental and social responsibility. From developing supportive relationships with local Alexandria farmers and the surrounding Virginia community to recycling kitchen grease for bio-diesel fuel, we are committed to a greener future. BRABO's eco-friendly practices translate directly to the table with delicious results.
A proud proponent of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants EarthCare program, BRABO's practices include:
- All of BRABO's kitchen grease and excess cooking oils are recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- BRABO serves organic coffee, tea and juices.
- Our dishes feature seasonal organic and local ingredients, including cage-free eggs and fresh goat cheese from Brad Park of Pipe Dreams.
- Our meats are raised ethically and sustainably and are of the highest quality, including those we purchase from local purveyors like Virginia cattleman Joseph Henderson of Chapel Hill Farms.
- Our exceptional wine list features organic and biodynamic selections.
- BRABO recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, wood, plastic and aluminum products, and does not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out packaging is biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled materials.
- Office copy paper is made from 100% unbleached, recycled paper, and menus are printed with partially organic material.
- We have installed low-flow nozzles and aerators on our water faucets.
- BRABO uses energy efficient lighting in kitchen areas and motion sensors in low-occupancy storage areas.
- All exit lights use low-energy LED bulbs.
- BRABO uses only biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
BRABO by Robert Wiedmaier - Lorien Hotel & Spa Reservations